Every Thursday night from 6-9 pm you can come to our store and learn to play a new game! Walk ins are welcome when space is available, otherwise give us a call at (608) 831-6631 and let us know which game from the menu you would like to play and we will reserve a table for you.
Each order from the menu will cost $5.00 and will come with a certificate worth $5.00 of store credit. This means that it is $5.00 to play but you can then put that $5.00 towards the game you just played, or any other game!
Here for your perusal is our menu of games that we are currently teaching in store on Thursdays at 6. Our menu is always growing! Click on a game for a more detailed description.
Gateway Games recommended for newer players
- Carcassonne – Create a region in southern France and earn points for adding to it. For 2-5 players
- Dominion – Add treasure, kingdom, and victory point cards to your dominion. For 2-4 players
- Kingsburg – Build your city then defend it from monsters. For 2-5 players
- Lords of Waterdeep – Gather adventurers and send them on quests. For 2-5 players
- Pandemic – Work together to save the world from four deadly diseases. For 2-4 players
- Ticket to Ride– Connect your cities via train routes by collecting sets of train cards. For 2-5 players
I’ve Played Ticket to ride, now what? recommended for players who have played a game or two and are looking for more
- 7 Wonders – Develop your civilization and build your wonder by drafting cards over three ages. For 2-7 players
- Elder Sign – Save the world from otherworldly horrors by rolling dice to complete tasks. For 1-8 players.
- Kingdom Builder – Build your Kingdom by placing settlements in different terrain spaces and earn gold for satisfying your builders. For 2-4 players.
Heavier Games For players looking to get in the thick of it
- Power Grid – Develop the most efficient network of power plants and cities through auction and purchase of resources. For 2-6 players.
What’s that game? New, obscure, and overlooked games
- Gravwell: Escape from the 9th Dimension – Attempt to escape a black hole by moving your ship relative to others. For 2-4 players.
- Star Realms – Expand your realm by acquiring new ships and stations to defeat your opponent. 2 players.
- The Doom That Came to Atlantic City – Gain cultists, destroy homes, and expand your Old One’s power in this lighthearted game of Lovecraftian horror. 2-4 players.